It's the time of year again when budding photographers have the opportunity to show off their photographic skills to the rest of the School. Staff and students are encouraged to submit photos which represent the theme of the competition: Improving Health Worldwide. This can be interpreted to reflect our work activities - both in London and overseas, studying at the School and even working in the laboratories. The judging panel are keen to see all types of photos including microscope images.
Here's 2012's winning entry, taken by Dr. Lena Lorenz in Ifakara, Tanzania. If you'd like to find out more about this photo and how it came to be taken, you can read more here
|'Dona's Son' 2012 Photo Competition winner|
The 2013 winning entry, chosen by a judging panel, will appear in a forthcoming issue of the Chariot News blog, on the School’s website and past entries have featured in annual reports and other School publications.
The winner will receive £100, with a second prize of £75 and a third prize of £50.
All entries will be available for staff and students to view in MediaLibrary, the School's image database which has just been upgraded.
Submission guidelines are as follows:
- Entries must be sent to email@example.com
- Entries will be judged on originality, quality, composition and appropriateness to the theme
- Entries may be in colour or black and white
- No more than three entries per person
- Deadline for entries is 28 February 2014
- Please provide a caption for your photos
- If identifiable individuals appear in your photo, please ensure that you have their permission before submission
- All entries will appear in the competition category of MediaLibrary which will be accessible by School staff and students
- The winning entry will appear in the Chariot and on the MediaLibrary webpage
- An exhibition of competition entries, including the winning photo will be on display in the Library foyer
- Entries may be used for promotional purposes eg Annual Report, Chariot, prospectus, exhibitions etc
- Copyright - by entering the competition, competitors warrant that they own the copyright in their photograph and they give consent to LSHTM to store the image and reproduce it in any School related publication or medium
Enjoy your Christmas break and get snapping