What information does Africa-Wide Information contain?
Over 4 million items from 50 different data sources, the majority from 19th C to present.
Focus on information produced in Africa.
Updated every quarter
Includes information on the following topics from all 56 African countries:
- Politics & Economics
- Industry & Mining
- Legal systems
- History & Cultural history and heritage
- Natural resources & Biodiversity
- Current affairs
- Literature, Art, Drama & Music
Includes records from African Journals Online, South African Journals Online, African Development Database, African Healthline
Africa-Wide Information does not contain full-text
How do I get access to Africa-Wide Information?
Africa-Wide Information is supplied by EBSCO. It is available to all current LSHTM staff and students from any computer with an internet connection.
- Go to http://search.ebscohost.com/
- Click the Shibboleth Login link
- Choose “UK Higher Education” from the drop-down list
- Click on London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Enter your username and password (staff and London-based students enter your network username and password, Distance Learning students, enter your Portal username and password).
- Click “Africa-Wide Information” from the list of available databases